Health Professions Education Day 2016
Thank you to all who attended Health Professions Education Day on June 1, 2016! This is an annual event that aims to spark interprofessional collaboration, networking, and inspiration for future research in education across the health sciences at University of Michigan.
- HPE Day 2016 Program
- Deep Blue Archive of Abstracts and Posters
- Event Story and Slideshow
- Keynote Speaker & Panel Video
MIPERC: A collaborative approach to infuse interprofessional initiatives across disciplines, learning institutions and healthcare systems
Jean Nagelkerk, Ph.D., FNP, FNAP
Vice Provost for Health
Grand Valley State University
Dr. Jean Nagelkerk has worked as a Professor of Nursing, Director of Medical Surgical and Ambulatory Care Services, Assistant Vice President of Academic Affairs and now serves as the Vice Provost for Health at Grand Valley State University. Grand Valley State University’s (GVSU) annual enrollment is over 25,000 students with over 1/3 of the students pursuing a health-related degree. Jean’s role includes providing leadership for and coordinating health-related initiatives for the University, developing and strengthening community partnerships, developing a strategic plan for health, administering health compliance and health contracts for the University, overseeing the Simulation and Learning Resource Center and GVSU Scribe Academy, hosting health-related university events and leading the Midwest Interprofessional Practice, Education and Research Center (MIPERC).
- Understand the innovative educational efforts focused on professional education within the health science schools at the University of Michigan
- Evaluate the initial interprofessional education efforts in Ann Arbor, including their successes and challenges
- Discuss opportunities for continued development of interprofessional education at the University of Michigan
- Identify innovation partners for further advancement of interprofessional education and collaborative care within the University of Michigan Health System
- Strengthen community bonds among educators within the health science schools across all of University of Michigan